Location: Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador
Job type: Full time
Application Deadline: November 23, 2021
P.S. Atlantic Limited is the franchisor and operating company for the Paint Shop, a network of 38 franchised and corporately owned paint and decorating stores operating throughout Atlantic Canada. We have an opening for a Product Manager to join our Head Office & Distribution Centre located in Mount Pearl, NL.
The Product Manager is an integral member of the Merchandising team that provides key analysis and support to the Merchandising Manager.
The Product Manager is responsible for assisting with product planning, executing the product marketing strategies to increase sales and profitability, and identifying opportunities to reduce the cost of conducting business.
Building and maintaining productive relationships with suppliers and the store network is an integral part of this position
We offer a competitive compensation package based on qualifications and experience.
- Listings & Delistings: Utilizing their analytical skills, the Product Manager determines a product’s lifecycle based on performance and trends.
- Promotional Planning: As an effective Marketer, they will utilize their skill set to implement Marketing strategies and execute the annual promotional schedule as well as identify key product opportunities.
- Supplier Relations: Maintains an effective working relationship with supplier representatives on all listing, delisting and promotional inquiries.
- Purchasing: Manages the purchasing of products with goals to improve inventory turns, maintain adequate inventory levels, maximize inventory investments, identify cost-saving opportunities, and identify inventory trends.
- Store Support: Through effective communications skills and methods, ensuring the store network, departments and systems are updated and supported with any product changes.
Key Abilities & Competencies Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable organization, and time management skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated
- Adaptable, professional and ability to work with a variety of people and personalities
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced/changing environment
- Understanding of the products or services and the industry is an asset
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Staff Discount
- Company Events
- Paid Time Off
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Special Skills, Knowledge and Education Required:
- Diploma Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the data analysis
- Extensive knowledge with MS Office Suite
Ready to Apply?
If this sounds like it’s for you, please apply no later than the end of business day Tuesday, November 23, 2021. We thank all applicants for your interest, however, only successful candidates will be contacted.