Drapery & Hardware
A Wrap On The Window
Curtains and drapes are terms often used interchangeably today, but no matter what you call them, they make the most of a powerful decorative asset like fabric where pattern, colour and texture can help bring many elements together.
Today, homeowners have a vast choice of ready-made, pre-packaged panels, usually with grommet tops (metal holes). However, the appetite for custom-sewn draperies is still quite large, as nothing quite lends warmth, character and privacy the way a luxurious drapery panel can. So don’t be afraid of terms like “pinch-pleat”, which has gotten a bad rep for being “dated.” These traditional styles are unmatched, especially when brought to life in modern day fabrics.
Drapery panels also give homeowners an excuse for a little extra window jewelry, in the form of drapery rods and finials, a perfect way to sneak in a sparkle. The Paint Shop offers drapery sets in a range of metals, including traditional brushed pewter, classic black or the ever popular oil-rubbed bronze.
Talk to a Paint Shop Window Specialist to request your custom solution, or browse your local selection of ready-made drapery.
Types of Draperies
- Pre-packaged, ready-to-hang drapery panels
- Custom-made draperies in a fabric, style and size of your personal choice
Where Do They Work Best?
Living Rooms, Dining Rooms or Bedrooms where soft finishings add extra warmth and comfort
Why Are They a Great Choice?
- Drapery Panels can add a soft finishing touch or extra personality and can be layered with other blinds and shade styles for a complete look
- Can be custom made in any fabric, hanging style or length or purchased “off-the-rack” and ready to hang
- Excellent, low commitment way to add a pop of colour or pattern to your décor
- Please check manufacturer’s directions for proper cleaning and care instructions. Curtains may or may not be machine washable.